WALLOWA COUNTY JOB POSTING 23-0630
Date: June 30, 2023
Position: Assessor Property Appraiser Trainee/Property Appraiser I
Status: Full-Time (37.50 hours per week)
Excellent benefit Package
Rate of Pay: $17.80 – $20.03 (Trainee)
$ 18.99 – 21.37 (Property Appraiser I)
Shift: Monday through Friday
Closing Date: July 31, 2023 or until filled
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
This is an entry level position. The trainee will conduct a variety of tasks related to residential, farm and commercial appraisals in conjunction with the trainer. Upon satisfactorily meeting with experience, knowledge, training and special requirements of the classification, the employee may be promoted to the classification of Appraiser I.
Some knowledge of and ability to learn real property appraisal methods and appropriate applications; recorded instruments such as deeds, easements and contracts; and land mapping. Considerable knowledge of Oregon Revised Statutes and Oregon Administrative Rule pertaining to assessment and taxation; construction costs, methods, quality and designs.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum Three (3) years of general office experience.
- Examples of previous experience dealing with the public, in construction, real estate or agricultural related fields
- Oregon Driver’s License with clean driving record
- Must pass the State of Oregon Appraiser test, becoming a qualified registered appraiser within a two year period of beginning the program.
- Must study and pass tests on the methods manual, mapping and legal descriptions, income cost and market approach to value, and the completion examination from the training manual developed by the DOR and administered by the supervisor
- Meet the requirements of the job description
- Must pass a criminal background check
Please submit your complete job application to Brenda Micka, Human Resources at email@example.com or at 101 S. River St., Room 302, Enterprise, Oregon (Wallowa County Courthouse)
Applications may also be obtained from the Human Resource Department in Room 302 in the Court House.
Wallowa County is an EEOC with Veterans preference
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org