JOB POSTING 21-0702
Date: July 2, 2021
Position: Juvenile Counselor II
Rate of Pay: $18.73 – $19.30 per hour
Shift: 37.5 Hours a week
Closing Date: July 16, 2021; or until filled.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, criminology, sociology or related field, preferably supplemented by experience in working with delinquent or troubled juveniles, or any equivalent combination of experience and training which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties above .
- Preferred completion of the Oregon Juvenile Department Directors Association courses.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written; to include accurate and complete reports and court documents.
- Considerable knowledge of the Juvenile Justice System in the State of Oregon.
- Knowledge of counseling methods and techniques.
- Be able to develop and maintain effective working relations with schools, other social service professionals, law enforcement. personnel, parents, juveniles and the general public.
- Must meet the requirements of the job description.
- Must pass criminal history check and drug screen.
Wallowa County is an EEOC with Veterans Preference
To apply for this job please visit co.wallowa.or.us.