Job Posting 19-0905
DATE: September 4, 2019
POSITION: Community Corrections Parole & Probation Deputy
STATUS: Full-Time position with excellent benefit package
RATE of PAY: $19.31 – 26.48 per hour (Sheriff’s Association Contract)
SHIFT: Wednesday – Saturday (10 hour shifts) May also be variable and able to take call
CLOSING DATE: September 27, 2019 by noon
- Must have bachelor’s degree in behavioral science, social science or criminal justice OR 45 credits in behavioral science, social science, criminal justice OR 5 years experience in the criminal justice or social service fields. Must be 21 years of age.
- Completion of Department of Public Safety Standards and Training Basic Certification in Parole and Probation, Firearms, First Aid/CPR, Blood Borne Pathogens and Defensive Tactics within one year of hire.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license with a good driving record as driving is required for this position.
- Considerable knowledge of behavior and adjustment problems in adult offenders and the ability to effectively deal with these problems.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Must meet the requirements of the job description.
- Must pass criminal history check and drug screen.
Wallowa County is an EEOC employer with Veterans preference.
Applications can be found HERE.
Job description can be found HERE.
To apply for this job please visit co.wallowa.or.us.