JOB POSTING 21-0505
Date: May 5, 2021
Position: Assessor Property Appraiser Trainee –Property Appraiser I
Status: Full-Time (37.50 hours per week)Excellent benefit Package
Rate of Pay: $16.49 – $17.50 (Prop. Appraiser Trainee)$17.59 – $18.67 ( Prop. Appraiser I)
Shift: Monday thru Friday
Closing Date: May 21, 2021 by 5:00pm
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
This is an entry level position. The trainee will conduct a variety of tasks related to residential, farm and commercial appraisals in conjunction with the trainer. Upon satisfactorily meeting with experience, knowledge, training and special requirements of the classification, the employee may be promoted to the classification of Appraiser I.
Some knowledge of and ability to learn real property appraisal methods and appropriate applications; recorded instruments such as deeds, easements and contracts; and land mapping. Considerable knowledge of Oregon Revised Statutes and Oregon Administrative Rule pertaining to assessment and taxation; construction costs, methods, quality and designs.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum Three (3) years of general office experience.
- Examples of previous experience dealing with the public, in construction, real estate or agricultural related fields
- Oregon Driver’s License with clean driving record
- Must pass the State of Oregon Appraiser test, becoming a qualified registered appraiser within a two year period of beginning the program.
- Must study and pass tests on the methods manual, mapping and legal descriptions, income cost and market approach to value, and the completion examination from the training manual developed by the DOR and administered by supervisor
- Meet the requirements of the job description
- Must pass criminal background check and drug screen
Wallowa County is an EEOC with Veterans Preference.
To apply for this job please visit co.wallowa.or.us.