Wallowa Natural Hazard Mitigation Plan
Community representatives are working together to update the Natural Hazard Mitigation Plan for the county.
This is a multi-jurisdictional Natural Hazards Mitigation Plan (NHMP) involving representatives from Wallowa County (Planning, Emergency Services and Natural Resources), the City of Joseph, Joseph School District, the City of Enterprise, Enterprise School District, the City of Wallowa, Wallowa School District, the City of Lostine, Wallowa Lake Irrigation District, Wallowa Soil and Water Conservation District, Wallowa County Lake Service District. Representatives from these jurisdictions and other organizations are actively participating in this NHMP update process.
Our next meeting will be held September 27th at 9:30 am and can be joined via Zoom.
Wallowa County’s Natural Hazards
- Poor Air Quality
- Severe Storms (both winter and summer storms)
- Extreme Cold
- Extreme Heat
- Insect Pests, Noxious Weeds and Invasive Species
- Dam Failure
- Landslides/Debris Flows
Our work is ready for your review:
- Volume 1, Basic Plan
- Volume 2, Hazard Annexes
- Volume 3, Resources
- Appendix A: Community Profile
- Appendix B: Planning and Public Process (in progress)
- Appendix C: Mitigation Action Worksheets (in progress)
- Appendix D: OEM Hazard Vulnerability Analysis Methodology (in progress)
- Appendix E: Economic Analysis of Natural Hazard Mitigation Projects (in progress)
- Appendix F: Grant Programs and Resources (in progress)
To provide comments, email: