The Wallowa County Courthouse is located in Enterprise, Oregon, and is a three story rectangular building constructed of locally quarried Bowlby Stone.
The building was designed by Calvin R. Thornton and constructed from 1909-1910 for the County of Wallowa. It remains in service today as Wallowa County’s Courthouse housing most of the same functions as it did in 1910.
The Wallowa County Courthouse is located at 101 South River Street. The courthouse proper encompasses an entire city block. Sited on what is locally known as the “courthouse square”, the imposing building sits centrally on the lot, with its main facade facing west. The square, surrounded with green grass and shade trees, serves as the symbolic center of town. The historic integrity of the courthouse square area remains quite intact.
The Wallowa County Courthouse was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in the year 2001.